Things to Do in Austin This Weekend: You will never be bored living (or visiting) Austin Texas! The ticket feed you see below is updated in real time for the latest Austin events! Sweet.
There are so may great things happening in the Austin area this month that one simply could not do them all… but that’s no reason not to try! Here are some highlights for the month of April.
1) Dave Chappelle – April 2nd – 4th at The Moody Theater. Tickle your funny bone with stand-up comedian and actor Dave Chappelle. His raw sense of humor and riffs on everything from current events to his audience will have you busting a gut.
2) WWE Raw – Monday, April 6 6:30 PM. Come see John Cena, Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan battle it out with Seth Rollins, Kane and Big Show at the Frank Erwin Center. Get there early, 5:00-6:30pm, to enjoy the pre-show celebration.
3) Toby Keith & Little Big Town – Thursday, April 16 9:30 PM The “How Do You Like Me Now” singer will be rocking the house at The Moody Theater. With a smooth and rich voice combined with an energetic show, you’re sure to have an awesome time.
4) Monster Jam – Saturday, April 25 7:00 PM @ Frank Erwin Center. Feel the rumble of the engines and join the roar of the crowd. These car-crushing monster trucks are sure to get your blood pumping. Join the party in the pits from 4:30 – 6:00. Don’t forget to bring your ear plugs!
5) FREE Movies in the Park – Thursday April 9 from 8:00 – 10:00. Location: Wooldridge Park 900 Guadalupe St, Austin, TX 78701. Have a fun, relaxing evening while watching Guardians of the Galaxy (Rated PG 13) under the Austin sky. It’s free for everyone, including your dog. Bring your lawn chairs and a picnic dinner.
March 14 – 15
Before we get to fun things to do and see this weekend, I want to remind you that Shania Twain presale tickets go on sale today (March 12)!
Here’s your chance to “Rock This Country” with Shania Twain on August 9th at the Frank Erwin Center. Don’t miss Shania’s last tour as she goes out with a bang. Preorder your tickets now to get the best seats available >> Insert promo code “COUNTRY”
1) Texas Longhorn Baseball – March 13th, 14th and 15th. Here’s a 3-day weekend full of fun and excitement for Longhorn fans. They are battling it out with West Virginia Mountaineers at Disch Falk Field this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Grab your Longhorn gear and enjoy the fun.
2) Sherwood Forest Renaissance Faire – March 15 from 10am – dusk @ 1883 Old Hwy 20, McDade, Texas 78650. While this is actually located about 30 minutes east of Austin, it’s a great event to attend. Step back in time and enjoy the many happenings in this 23-acre village. Surround yourself with knights, jesters, pirates, lords and more. With over 100 shoppes, pubs, restaurant and stages, there’s plenty of fun for all ages. From jousting to juggling to music and eats, immerse yourself in the days of old.
3) FREE LEGO Robotics Fun Day @ Wells Branch Library March 15 from 1:30 – 3:30. Adults and children ages 4 and up are invited to come join the fun. Create your own spin art, help build a giant LEGO figure, treasure hunt by diving into a swimming pool full of Lego pieces or challenge yourself to be the last man standing in the LEGO Battle Tops or Bots Arena. If you want to let loose of your inner child for a few hours, this is a great place to do it. Reserve your spot by registering today.
March 6 – 8
1) Chris Tucker – March 7: Get your laugh on this weekend. Superstar stand-up comedian, Chris Tucker will have you rolling in the isles of Bass Concert Hall. There are only a few front and center floor seats left.
2) John Mellancamp – March 8: From his 80’s classic, Jack & Diane to songs from his new Plain Spoken album you’ll love the raspy voice of this Indiana native. He’ll stir your heart and soul. With special guest Carlene Carter. You’ll find them this weekend at Bass Concert Hall. With limited seating, tickets are quickly selling out.
3) FREE Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland exhibition at the Harry Ransom Center. March 7th from Noon – 5pm: Learn about the real Alice who inspired the story. Explore how the story has transformed over the years. Have a tea party, watch a 1933 paper filmstrip and more.
Feb. 27 – March 1
1) Fleetwood Mac – March 1: If you’ve never seen living legends Fleetwood Mac, now’s your chance! At the time of this post we do still have tickets to this sold-out show. They are at the Frank Erwin Center.
2) The Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular – Feb 27: The SHINE ON Laser show recreates the music of Pink Floyd with uncanny precision. The first half of the show features the entire “Dark Side of the Moon” album (swoon!) and the second half features “The Best of Floyd” including “The Wall” and more. Playing at Frank Erwin Center.
3) FREE Live Music at Westgate Central Market
Silas Lowe Americana/Roots Sat. February 28, 6:30 – 9pm
This is a real laid back atmosphere and there’s the cool little Central Market cafe too, so you can enjoy a bite to eat while enjoying the music. Beer and wine served.
BONUS: Let’s Go Fly a Kite!
86th annual ABC Zilker Kite Festival MARCH 1st, 2015 Kick off spring in beautiful Zilker park in central Austin. The ABC Zilker Kite festival is FREE for everyone and benefits Communities In Schools of Central Texas. FYI, rain date is March 8th. Check their website because there are LOTS of fun activities for all ages.